Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2020 02:02:50 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: E on FreeBSD: FreeBSD E Wayland LoginD

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:30 AM Jan Beich wrote:
> Tomasz CEDRO writes:
> > Hello world :-)
> > I have managed to finally build the EFL and E with Wayland + DRM
> > support [1]. However it has problem to start as it turns out Wayland
> > implementation of all compositors is probably based on (ekhm) SystemD
> > and at least needs LoginD as most of the Compositors do.
> > Is there any chance that LoginD could run on FreeBSD? Do we have
> > anything better instead?
>
> Something better, see https://git.sr.ht/~kennylevinsen/seatd
> It's already in ports/, supported by all wlroots compositors.

Wow! Thank you Jan! This looks like exactly what I need, and this is
not a systemd/elogind rip-off of any sort, just a well designed open
source stuff available for all.. and it works on my desktop already..
man I REALLY LOVE FreeBSD :-) :-)

Now we just have to make SeatD work with EFL/E :-)

> If you really need dbus-like API, see https://github.com/emersion/basu/pull/15
> It's used by sway-tray, mako and in future *maybe* xdg-desktop-portal-wlr.

This could be an alternative of some sort, but when SeatD is out there
already, no need to work on dead-by-design-linux-centric stuff :-)

Thank you! :-)
Tomek