Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 11:13:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Evans <gevans@bing.televar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help please...

Please send all replies to gevans@televar.com as I am not a subscriber to
this list, just trying to help a friend out.

Thanks.

I am atempting to help a user of the ISP that I work for get his FreeBSD
up and running.  He is at the point where he uses the boot floppy and then
tries to use PPP to get the rest of the files for install (or install over
the 'net?) However that works, I am doing all of this by telephone, so I
am not sure of the specifics of freebsd.

Anyway, we set everything up so that he can connect to us (The ISP) and
then when freebsd tries to go to ftp.freebsd.org, it gives the message
that it 'cannot resolve domain name for ftp.freebsd.org'.

We have the domain name server set up correctly as well as all the
information to get logged on to us.  As I said I cannot see the screen as
I am doing this over the phone, but would appreciate any thoughs or
suggestions that anyone could give me.