Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:48:15 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        "David W . Chapman Jr ." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any patch for fxp driver?

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 09:18:17PM +0200, Mats Dufberg wrote:
> > As have been reported in this list the driver for the fxp device is broken
> > in 4.3-RELEASE and -*-STABLE. It stops with SCB timeout messages. Could
> > anyone advice any patch that will solve the problem?
> >
> >      fxp - Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B ethernet device driver
> >      PCI Fast Ethernet adapters based on the Intel i82557 ethernet chip.
> >

> It is not currently broken and I don't believe it was in 4.3-RELEASE,
> it broke about 3 weeks ago, but it has been fixed, do you have
> PNPOS=YES in the bios?

Another "failure" mode that I noticed with the new fxp driver is that
sometimes auto-negotiation doesn't work.  I fixed my problem by
explicitly configuring the media type and mediaopts in rc.conf and
all is happy (for me, anyway) again.

This was with a fairly bizzare-o Motorola Pentium CompactPCI single
board computer with an fxp intergrated LAN controller.

louie