Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 18:13:00 -0500
From:      dbos@waterloo.net (David Bos)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows 95 and FreeBSD dual boot

I have a technical question regarding FreeBSD.

My news server is not working.
Please forward this to the appropriate person.
I  tried to install FreeBSD on my 486 running Windows 95.

I have two hard drives.  My D drive is 170M.
I decided to install FreeBSD on my D drive.

I made a boot.flp disk and booted from it.
I partitioned the d drive wd1.
I chose the dual boot option ( probably my mistake )
I did not have time to get the full system via ftp, so I quit
at this point.

I can now no longer access my C drive or boot to Windows 95.

When I boot with a DOS disk in A:, I am told I have no hard drives.

When I run FreeBSD, I have access the the file system on D:.

When I boot up with boot.flp, I get a message like this:

F1  FreeBSD
F5  disk1

Pressing F5 does nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated.