Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:29:25 +0200
From:      "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb4bsd patch review

Quoting "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> (from Thu, 21 Aug 2008 =20
11:52:10 -0600 (MDT)):

> In message: <48ADA66A.3040906@FreeBSD.org>
>             Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org> writes:
> : Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> : > The USB stack will work fine without "usbconfig". Its purpose is =20
> : > mostly to
> : > view the currently attached USB devices, where the USB devices : =20
> > are located
> : > and to select a non-default USB configuration. One thing which might b=
> : > missed is to change owner and permission of a USB device, which means =
you
> : > must be either UID=3Droot or GID=3DOPERATOR to be able to use USB : =
=20
> > devices that
> : > create devices under /dev/ .
> :
> : OK great, this isn't critical either.  I think all of the issues I
> : raised are agreed upon now!

Wait a moment. Does this mean the devfs stuff to handle the access =20
rights (devfs.rules or manual chown/chmod by root) does not work with =20
the new usb stuff? If the answer is yes, I would see this as some kind =20
of nasty bug (I don't think this shall be a showstopper, as long as =20
this is fixed later).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
The scratch on the record is always through the song
you like most.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137