Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 20:09:51 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: age check :)

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 07:46:24PM +1000, Nicholas Charles Brawn wrote:
> After seeing a recent article on slashdot, about a new game that's being
> ported to Linux (http://www.linuxpower.org/display_item.phtml?id=65), I
> was curious at the demographics of the FreeBSD userbase, and whether
> we'd have enuf young 'uns to justify a port of similar games in the
> future. Plus, it's interesting to know. :)

Has age got something to do with interest in games, or is this
particular game age-restricted? Maybe this is explained in web page you
mentioned, but I can't read bright white and yellow on black. (Does
that give you some clue to the next question?)

> As a quick check, how many people here are between the ages of 16-20,
> 20-25, or 25+?

What you're asking is, out of freebsd-chat readers (a very small group
of FreeBSD users, possibly older than on our other lists but not
necessarily), what are the ages of those list members who are both
willing to reveal their ages and also think it is worth answering.

> Nick (who just fits into the 16-20 age bracket)

Tell me, why is it that people in this age group are so obsessed with
other people's ages? I never see older people take much interest in
ages, but teenagers can't relax until they know. Meeting strangers on
the Internet must must be awfully uncomfortable for you.

Anyway, you don't have an age bracket for me that I could point to
without being misleading :-) Is it still OK if I play games?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-