Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:09:50 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "David Loszewski" <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ^M on end of lines

On Sunday 04 November 2001 23:52, you wrote:
> Thx for your help, and I'm just using the regular vi that comes with
> FreeBSD 4.4

Did I imagine it or did you say that you had experienced differnet behavior
in some other environment?

Or, to put it another way, what's the *problem* with ^Ms that you are trying
to solve?

The mere presence of Carriage-returns in a file would not normally be thought
of as a problem.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------