Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 20:53:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RSA decrypt problems

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Steve Price wrote:

> Nope.  I generated the key with 'make certificate' on the
> apache13-php4 port.  Here's what openssl says about the key.
>
> % openssl rsa -noout -text -in server.key | grep bit
> Private-Key: (1024 bit)
> %

It sounds like somehting is broken with the certificate generation. I
wonder if it could have to do with the fact that we currently don't
install an openssl.cnf (my oversight, pointed out by rwatson yesterday),
since thats where openssl looks for parameters when generating keys.

> I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't something that has changed
> in the ports.  My problems started when I pkg_delete'd the
> apache13-modssl port to install the apach13-php4 port with modssl
> support so that I could play around with php4.  It worked before
> I did this.  Even now if I go back to the port without php4
> support it doesn't work. :(

How long ago was the previous port built? Do you still have the openssl
port installed, if it was built against that?

Kris

----