Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:46:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Heyer <john@arnie.jfive.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundblaster 16/32/64 in 4.0-Release

My Soundblaster AWE32 worked fine in 3.2, but I can't get any apps using
sound to recognize the card in 4.0.  In my kernel, I have:

device          pcm
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

And when the system comes up I get:

sbc0: <Soundblaster 16> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa0
sbc0: setting card to irq 5, drq 1, 5
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.13> on sbc0

But I get "unable to open audio device" with XMMS, RealAudio, etc.  Is
this the correct configuration?  thanks..

--
Johh Heyer - john@arnie.jfive.com - http://www.jfive.com

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam