Date:      Thu, 09 May 1996 15:30:09 -0500
From:      Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
To:        davidg@root.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Continued MBUF problem with ET V.35 card

> >>    Are your sure there really is a leak? What does the machine do other than
> >> operate a sync card?
> >
> >It's running routed and named and at this time has had very little use
> >due to instability.  I've never seen this kind of MBUF usage on any machine
> >and that does count for quite a few.  It consistently grows to the max
> >configured, and then will reboot shortly thereafter.
> >
> >Are you running routed?
>
>    Not currently, but I have in the past. I am running named.

I'm going to direct a copy of this back to the current and stable lists...

I have been able to pin this down to routed, or rather the use of
a routing protocol, since firing up gated to use RIP has the same
effect. (growth of mbuf use by about 10mbufs/30sec).

I've read some other questions raised lately about routing/routed
problems. Anyone have a hint as to what might be going on here?