Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:59:26 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, Jiri Mikulas <konfer@mikulas.com>
Cc:        Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: PANIC: trap.c

On Monday 16 February 2004 03:54, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Jiri Mikulas wrote:
> > Hello, just only for info I got this panic on:  FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
> > #1: Mon Feb 16 00:53:39 CET 2004
> >
> > I built few kernels from saturday morning to sunday evening and with
> > all of them i got this panic ..  (my last functional kernel is from
> > FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Feb 9 19:53:47 CET 2004)  Jiri
>
> It looks like 'ifp' in ip_output.c is NULL here (the offset of
> if_hwassist is 0x98).  Are you running with DUMMYNET?  I'm wondering if
> the recent commit to clean up MT_TAG pseudo-mbufs has a loose end
> somewhere.  Try backing ouf the following commit locally:
>
> mlaier      2004/02/13 11:14:16 PST
<...>

I had to back this out globally as we weren't able to fix it. In the
meantime I have come up with a partly reworked patchset, which does no
longer panic for me.

If you have some time and use dummynet, divert(+natd) or ip_fastforward
(sysctl net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=1) I'd appreciate if you could give it
a try: http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/mt_tag_remove.diff

Thanks.

--
Best regards,				| mlaier@freebsd.org