Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:16:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Technobabble homepage (Was: Ick!)

<<On Wed, 25 Jun 1997 06:49:18 -0700, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> said:

> I think that 2nd level "hacker pages" are a fine idea but I wouldn't
> want to see them presented as an alternate so much as something which
> you'd point to from the support page.  No offense to Garrett intended,
> but the web pages were never aimed at his class of user and never will
> be - that's not their function, and any greater conformance with his
> sensibilities they may have had in the past were the purely accidental
> result of having too few people working on the web pages. :-)

Let me be extremely clear.  I have zero tolerance for marketing
nonsense.  I don't have any use at all for the fools who are swayed by
it, and would just as soon not deal with the headaches they are sure
to cause later.  I despise people who put huge piles of non-standard
CRAP in their Web pages.

The one, and only, reason to have a Web page, it to convey
information.  If you are not conveying useful information, then you're
part of the problem.

Now, far be it from me to tell you that you should not spend your own
money however you wish, including possibly attempting to attract more
idiots to our system.  I would just as soon Mr. Bill kept those users,
myself.  Now that I know where you're coming from, I'll have to watch
more closely....

> and made Gates richer than Croesus), so I _hired_ Megan to do this
> make-over.  She committed her changes directly because that was what
> she was being paid to do.  No "faster-committer" syndrome here. :)

Ummm, are these the FreeBSD Web pages or the Jordan K. Hubbard Web
pages?

-GAWollman