Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:43:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.brewich.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, tg@award.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK port, anyone ?

Nate Williams wrote:
> > > Actually, there *is* a JDK1.1 port available for FreeBSD, but not a
> > > latter port.  However, diffs to JDK1.1.2 were just made available, see
> > > the freebsd-java mailing list.
> >
> > What about Alex's JDK-1.1.2 that is in incoming on ftp.freebsd.org?
> > If you already have motif (like I do), just replace lesstif with motif
> > and your pretty well ready to go.
>
> Well, that one wasn't publicized, and I wasn't about to.
I think he did publicize(sic) it...???

> Also, you can't replace the lesstif library with Motif since it
> apparently isn't binary compatible with a standard Motif library.  It
> dies with internalization calls. :(
Well all the demos and what little code I have written all work fine
putting Motif 1.2.? in place of the lesstif library.

> Nate

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team