Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:35:51 -0500
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Python Infrastructure changes Roadmap

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 14:34, cvs-src@ wrote:
> 06.02.2011 18:36, Martin Wilke ?????:
>
>> [python 2.7 move to default]
>> python 2.7 is already stable enough to be moved over as default. For
>> this one we will do an exp-run
>> to make sure nothing will break during the build. If all works fine, we
>> think we can complete it by the
>> first week of March.
>
> Good news! Just want to note that i'm using python2.7 as the only python
> version for a couple of months now. It's a common gnome desktop and many of
> third-party python apps from ports. All of them working smoothly with 2.7,
> w/o any problems.

On that note out of every python app that I use there has only been one
problem not really vital (ports/devel/py-psyco) does not seem to build
against 2.7 and I assume that would be the same for ( > 2.7 )

Bails here: (i386 only afaik)
In file included from c/initialize.h:55,
                  from c/psyco.c:14:
c/mergepoints.c:242: error: 'JUMP_IF_FALSE' undeclared here (not in a
function)
c/mergepoints.c:242: error: 'JUMP_IF_TRUE' undeclared here (not in a
function)
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1
*** Error code 1

Regards,

--

  jhell