Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:12:38 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape4.61 install problem under 3-stable

I originally installed FreeBSD-3 off of CDrom, and I've been tracking
-STABLE since (via cvsup).  On the initial install, I did not install X; I
forget how I finally got X installed.  I probably either installed it from
the ports or "forced" the install off of the CDs (I couldn't find a way to
install X via /stand/sysinstall).

harlan@pcnbs> file /usr/lib/libc.so.3
/usr/lib/libc.so.3: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
harlan@pcnbs> file /usr/bin/install
/usr/bin/install: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
harlan@pcnbs>

For what it's worth, if I "manually" install netscape, it simply coredumps
at startup.  I haven't been able to figure out why.

Got any ideas for "the next step"?