Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 15:05:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sxt2.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixit Floppy Broken?

Hi again,

I have a broken 2.2-960323-SNAP machine right now.  The owner managed to
delete libc.so.3.0 from /usr/lib so things quickly deteriorated to where
his machine wasn't working anymore!

I had hoped we could fix this with the fixit floppy, but I'm having bad
luck with these.  The fixit floppy seems broken.  I can boot from it
once, but never really get anywhere.  If I try booting with it again it
doesn't work.

I complained earlier about 'ls' not working on the floppy drive...but I
haven't heard anything back on this.  Anyway, I think my only alternative
is to use the boot floppy to do a custom sysinstall and re-install the
libraries.

Bottom line:  IS the fixit floppy currently broken, and is this probably
the best way for me to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Brian