Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:29:18 -0400
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Tim Gustafson <tjg@ucsc.edu>
Cc:        "apache@freebsd.org" <apache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache 2.4 - No LDAP Support By Default

You really should be using poudriere to build binary packages.  I promise
it's a 1 day task.

On Friday, July 17, 2015, Tim Gustafson <tjg@ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use binary packages as much as possible as we have a
> rather large fleet of FreeBSD machines and building ports by hand has
> become something of a problem for us.
>
> However, the apache24 binary package does not include mod_ldap or
> mod_authnz_ldap, and these appear to not be available via a separate
> binary package, so I find myself unable to convert my web server to
> use the binary package version of www/apache24 (or devel/apr1, which
> also requires LDAP support to be compiled in for Apache to be able to
> use mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap) as it breaks authorization on about
> 400 web sites for me.
>
> Is there any chance of getting LDAP support added to the binary
> packages for devel/apr1 and www/apache24, or at least a second package
> for each of these (devel/apr1-ldap and www/apache24-ldap perhaps)?  Or
> am I missing something that would enable me to use these binary
> packages?
>
> --
>
> Tim Gustafson
> tjg@ucsc.edu <javascript:;>
> 831-459-5354
> Baskin Engineering, Room 313A
> <javascript:;>"

Curb: Your ride is here
4096R/D21D2752
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF699A450D21D2752>; ECDF B597
B54B 7F92 753E  E0EA F699 A450 D21D 2752
Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. Director IT Operations,       Curb

What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger;
Except it almost kills you.