Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:03:29 +0200
From:      Luciano Mannucci <l@mcs.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Migrating users from Linux

Still in the process of migrating all my Linux servers to FreeBSD, I'm
now trying to move out a couple of thousands users created in a twenty
years timespan from a linux server.
Of course I need to keep uid and gid, though the juicy part is...
the passwords! I have them only in encrypted form and in different
algorythms (DES, Blowfish, ...) and the happily coexist. Con they
be used as they are in Freebsd?

Thanks a lot again,

luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250