Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:57:53 -0400
From:      Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: libxml2-2.5.11

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 18:46, Bob Perry wrote:
>

>>Attempted to upgrade port libxml2 and was unsuccessful using
>>"portupgrade" and the "make all" function. Received messages from
>>various mirror sites indicating that "...local modification time does
>>not match remote."
>>
>>Dependent/required ports also unable to be updated.
>>
>>Is this a problem that I can correct?
>>

># cd /usr/ports/textproc/libxml2
># make distclean
>
>Then try your build again.
>
>Joe

That was simple enough.  Makes me feel like it was something I should
have known.  Sure it was.

The "make" tool is apparently a "must  learn" function.  I just opened
the man page
and was directed to the "Make -A Tutorial" in
/usr/share/doc/psd/12.make.  The tutorial discusses PMake.
Is this a recommended source of learninging material for make?   Can you
suggest others?

Thanks so much for your help.

Bob