Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:12:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Open Systems Inc." <opsys@open-systems.net>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Sounds good for me, since I had this feeling as well.

Ditto..

> Other good signs are the availability for all BSD variants and
> the interest of companies like:
>      Fujitsu Limited
>      Hitachi, Ltd.
>      IIJ Research Laboratory
>      NEC Corporation
>      Toshiba Corporation
>      Yokogawa Digital Computer Corporation (YDC)
>      Yokogawa Electric Corporation

To me this is a good sign with this much corporate push behind it.

> That generally sounds good and if the technical things are good
> as well then go for it ....

But I defer to Garrett for the technical aspect since networking is his
ballpark. I know he said last time he wanted to finish some things up and
mike i believe had some things to finish up before any IPv6 code was
choosen. Im not sure what the status is on those "things" that needed
finished up. I believe that's what he said though.

Chris

"If you aim the gun at your foot and pull the trigger, it's UNIX's job to
ensure reliable delivery of the bullet to where you aimed the gun (in
this case, Mr. Foot)." -- Terry Lambert, FreeBSD-Hackers mailing list.

===================================| Open Systems FreeBSD Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.8 is available now!  | Phone: 402-573-9124
-----------------------------------| 3335 N. 103 Plaza #14, Omaha, NE 68134
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting, Network Engineering, Security