Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:33:06 +0800
From:      Dung Patrick <dkt@digitalme.com>
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu,
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Zero copy sockets question

Correct me if I am wrong:

To use the zero copy 'receive' on i386, you need to set the MTU to 4096 byt=
es(page size) or 4096 multiples.

If it is true, until zero copy receive can do auto fitting, I think zero co=
py receive is more useful in gigabit ethernet than in fast ethernet (I as=
sume MTU 1500(or smaller) is suitable for fast ethernet/Internet.)

Patrick