Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:32:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        sagacious <sagacious@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Peter heads back to M$FT WinBloze [sagacious]

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, sagacious wrote:
> You can get x running beautifully if you simply take the time to read
> about it and set it up. If they ever integrated X built into the core os

I definitely did my share of RTFM'ing and exploring the websites such as
www.xfree86.org (which left me wanting...)

> I would piss all over FreeBSD and move to net, open or something else.
> The mere thought of that turns my stomach. I love FreeBSD. Don't give

I love FreeBSD too, but not so much as a GUI.  It seems like one is not far
off from the truth when they say that GUI's and X run on FreeBSD almost at
the point of emulation!  :P

> these guys any idea's that are going to make BSD more like windows for

Do you smell what FreeBSD is cooking?  "FreeBSD Home" (native GUI) and
"FreeBSD Professional" (fully customizable and dependent on
user-experience) *GRIN*

> the stupid user that needs everything done for them. Just my two cents.

Excuse me for wishing the OS setup process and upgrade paths worked more
like Windows.  How many of you out there ever had to crack open a book or
manual to setup Windows?  You just click [Next>] over and over :)

Laziness should not be always confused with lack of ability *smiles*

> sagacious (Mike)
> Network administrator
> The unixhideout network
> http://www.unixhideout.com

He he -- no pissing in the unix hideout please.  Take it outside.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder