Date:      Sun,  5 Jan 2003 14:09:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@vitaya.be>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/46781: shells/scponly - pkg-plist incorrect

>Number:         46781
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       shells/scponly - pkg-plist incorrect
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD alcestis.vitaya.be 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #3: Fri Dec 13 14:00:19 CET 2002 philip@alcestis.vitaya.be:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALCESTIS i386

	After the update to scponly 3.4, I noticed that the binary moved from
	${LOCALBASE}/sbin to ${LOCALBASE}/bin.  I don't mind that change (well, I
	did, as some users couldn't log in because their shell was set to sbin),
	but the pkg-plist still says sbin, whilst the port installs in bin.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Install shells/scponly.  The port will install in ${LOCALBASE}/bin.  When
	using portupgrade to upgrade a previous version, the old version in sbin
	will vanish, and the new version will appear in bin.

>Fix:

	There're two ways to fix this.  The one I prefer is just to change the
	pkg-plist to say 'bin' instead of 'sbin'.  I think the shell is 'better'
	placed in bin than sbin, as other shells (also those in the base-system)
	also live in bin.

	The second approach would be to modify the port's Makefile.in to pop the
	binary into sbin instead of bin.  This would have as advantage that people
	upgrading wouldn't find users locked out...

	Dilemma :-)