Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 04:29:53 -0500
From:      Brett Gulla <bagulla@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Howto on getting out of ld hell

Recently, I have been unable to install 'linux_base' from ports.  I read a
posting here regarding the 'svr4' module causing problems with the linux port.
Previously I built my kernel with 'COMPAT_SVR4', I took it out and rebuilt the
kernel.  I am now getting an 'ELF Brand' error on startup, '0' is not
recognized.

My question is - Does anyone know of a document which thoroughly helps with
getting out of ld hell?

Thanks,

Brett