Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:36:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      UNIX Freak <UNIXfreak@normalpeoplescareme.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Manager PLEASE  HELP!!

PLEASE HELP
I installed FreeBSD on my laptop computer but I traded it in for a new Compaq Presario computer with a 1GHz AMD (Athlon I believe) processor in it. I have experienced this problem on a DELL computer as well. FreeBSD installs well and fully with no probelms but when I restart my computer and the Boot Manager (that thing that does:

DOS F1
FreeBSD F3

Default: F1

) at least I guess thats the boot manager. But any way when I press the F3 key it doesn't load BSD it just sits there and acts stupid until I press F1 to load DOS in the system BIOS setup I have the OTHER hard drive configuration that says its for UNIX etc. and even reinstalled with those settings but I can't get it to run FreeBSD I am using a Microsoft Natural keyboard but some tech guy said that that shouldn't matter "It's just like any other keyboard but its split alittle"
And it should be mapped because the F1 button works to get to DOS(Windows)
PLEASE HELP ME
I'll wright back to replies with as much info as you need to help me. THANKS
               John