Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 2015 23:14:50 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        kah42pub <kah42pub@blarg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crash during installworld on RPI2

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 08:49:27PM -0700, kah42pub wrote:

> options         INVARIANTS
> options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT
>
> Adding or making sure those options were in my kernel build has made
> those errors go away completely for me on my RPI2/11-CURRENT boards.

The kernel config file located at /usr/src/sys/arm/conf/RPI2 contains

# For full debugger support use this instead:
options         DDB                     # Enable the kernel debugger
options         INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity checking
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of internal structures, required by INVARIANTS

The buildkernel command used (out of habit on i386) is
make buildkernel KERNCONF=RPI2

The intention is to use the config file at /usr/src/sys/arm/conf/RPI2. If another config file
is being invoked unintentionally it might explain the problem.

Thanks for reading, any counsel appreciated!

bob prohaska