Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:03:26 +1000
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Xfree86 4.0

Hi,
I just installed X11 4.0, but now, I cannot use start the server unless I am
root.
When I type 'startx' at the console, I get an error saying the server should
be started with root permissions, but setting the SUID to 0 is not
recommended.

I try using Xwrapper instead, but then I only get the server with no
windowmanager.
my .xinitrc only has 'startkde' to run KDE.

Anyone know howto fix this? The man pages for X were not very helpful, and
the docco on the website is rather sketchy at best.

Request a direct reply as I am not subscribed to questions.

Thanks in advance.