Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:31:09 -0700
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   mergmaster major weirdness

I just did a fresh update to -stable for the syncookie problem (and it's
been gosh, more than 2 months uptime on that box!), and besides the ATA
tags brokenness issue, I ran over another interesting problem.

It appears that mergemaster *missed* a couple of files, namely:
/dev/MAKEDEV
/etc/motd
/etc/mail/helpfile

I am very sure I wasn't asked about them at all.  Running mergmaster a
second time got them.

Gotta love anomalies.  No, it's not reproducable.

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32