Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:46:42 -0500
From:      Shu Du <dushu@cs.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   video capture + stream system on laptop?

Hi, I need to setup a laptop running freebsd with video capturing
function and streaming it out to a remote windows box.
I have several questions to ask here:

1. Is there any video capture card can be used on the laptop? Is there
PCMCIA card using Brooktree chipset?
Does the driver for PCI card still work?
2. About the ffserver, does it generate TCP traffic or UDP? I assume it
is TCP since it needs the client use http://hostname to access the
stream. If it is so, is there any stream server can generate UDP traffic
and also has the approriate viewer to access the stream?

I am pretty new here. Thanks for any suggestion.

Shu