Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:16:35 -0300
From:      =?UTF-8?B?T3RhY8OtbGlv?= <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Simple program immediately killed when running on a NFS

Em 05/03/2017 06:58, Daniel Braniss escreveu:
>> On 5 Mar 2017, at 05:18, Otacílio <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br> wrote:
>>
>> Dears
>>
>> I'm trying to compile a simple hello world program on my RPI3. The
>> program is on a directory mounted using NFS and stored in the amd64
>> machine. When I compile and try to run the program in the NFS mounted
>> path it does not work, when I copy the same program to a local dir it
>> works, and then when I copy the program from the local dir to the NFS dir
>> it works !?!?!?! Someone can, please, explain it? Look at the historic
>> program. On this same scenario, my beagleboneblack behaves without mistakes.
>>
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # cc -o
>> conftest conftest.c
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # ./conftest
>> Killed
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # cp conftest
>> /usr/home/ota/conftest
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 #
>> /usr/home/ota/conftest
>> Hello world!
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # cp
>> /usr/home/ota/conftest ./conftest
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # ./conftest
>> Hello world!
>> root@rpi3:/usr/ports/benchmarks/netperf/work/netperf-2.7.0 # mount
>> /dev/mmcsd0s2a on / (ufs, local, noatime, journaled soft-updates, nfsv4acls)
>> devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
>> /dev/mmcsd0s1 on /boot/efi (msdosfs, local, noatime)
>> /dev/md0 on /tmp (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)
>> /dev/md1 on /var/log (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)
>> /dev/md2 on /var/tmp (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)
>> squitch:/usr/ports on /usr/ports (nfs)
>>

>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> []'s
>>
>> -Otacílio
>
> take a look at /var/log/messages, there might be some more info as to why the process was killed.
>
> danny

I  tried three times, the two firsts building benchmarks/netperf and the
last one compiling a simple hello world. I got this messages on
/var/log/messages

Mar  5 08:11:48 rpi3 kernel: pid 1589 (sh), uid 0, was killed: text file
modification
Mar  5 08:13:19 rpi3 kernel: pid 2114 (sh), uid 0, was killed: text file
modification
Mar  5 08:13:55 rpi3 kernel: pid 2134 (csh), uid 0, was killed: text
file modification