Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2014 05:19:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   jail.conf setting - prevent alias removal on jail shutdown

I have two NIC's, re1 faces internal LAN. re1 also has a jail running on it
for diskless clients (tftp, dhcp). IP assigned to re1 by /etc/rc.conf and
jail.conf are same:  ip4.addr = 192.168.2.1/24
A /32 subnet will break diskless clients and also prevents gatewaying of
traffic from laptops connecting from internal LAN.

My problem is if I stop the jail, jail script removes IP assigned by rc.conf
(obviously). This breaks host gateway function for laptops on the LAN. Is
there a setting for jail.conf that prevents removal of jail IP on jail
shutdown? If not, the only alternative remaining is to move jail IP to
192.168.2.xx/24 (which I would rather not do).

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS