Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:37:06 +0200
From:      Dominik Rothert <dr@domix.de>
To:        Eilko Bos <Eilko.Bos@nl.origin-it.com>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd (was: authentication failures)

Eilko Bos <Eilko.Bos@nl.origin-it.com> wrote:

> All I can do is a 'ping [ip-address]', 'ping [hostname] will not do since
> there are DNS-lookups involved (I guess)

Yup, same problem here.  Only hostnames which my local DNS already cached
work.

> kill -HUP `cat /var/run/natd.pid` helps most of the time.

This doesn't make it working here.

> I heard somebody saying that 'natd -dynamic' will help, however I did not
> try this yet.

I start natd with -dynamic; same problem.  I can't believe there's no
solution to this problem.

Best wishes,
Dominik Rothert.

--
/*  Dominik Rothert | Cologne BSD-Usergroup | Dr. LANG Internet Consulting  *
 *  dr@domix.de     | dr@cbug.de            | dr@lang-consulting.de         *