Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 23:44:23 -0700
From:      Tim Bach <timb@thud.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PRoblem's detecting modem

I am having problem's with freebsd detecting my internal modem's again.
I am running the latest snap and it wont detect my zoom modem..
Detect's my other reveal brand fine..
Also i seem to remmeber the 2.0.5 release detected it..
At least when i had two external com port's and it was on com 3 and com 4.
IS there something i can do to force it to think there are there?.
I am trying to get two 28.8 's on com 3 and com 4..
One other thing that hasnt seem to gone away..
IT's pretty annoying to..
Proccesses that dont die..
BAsicly my modem or something might hang using a device and i can't
free up the device it was using ..Can't kill the program that
was using the device either..
Please email any suggestions to me as well as posting on hackers..
Thanks.