Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:37:00 -0800
From:      al7oj@customcpu.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ps2 mouse

I just re-installed FreeBSD 3.0-R and have a problem that I didn't have
before. When I try "startx", I get a fatal error about my mouse.
I forgot to write it down, but it is like: "...device in use". I then have
to kill the moused process (killall moused), and then X loads fine and the
mouse works great. Like I said before, when 3.0-R was running before (I
had to change HD's), I didn't have this problem. I also tried compiling
the kernel (after new install), but that didn't help. The psm0 device is
in the kernel! Any ideas?
Mike