Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:19:09 +0200
From:      Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   localhost

Hi,
Suddenly my freebsd stops loading for a while with this message: (from dmesg)

sendmail[74]: My unqualified host nam (localhost) unknown; sleeping for retry
	     :  unable to qualify my own domain name (localhost) -- using short
	        name

after some 10 sec. the loading is continued.
Why is that? What effects does it have to the system? What to do about it?
Ideas?

Thanks in advance, Thomas