Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:29:30 -0500
From:      Thomas Harris <dinsdale@jump.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound Recording with PCI128-Ensoniq1371 question

I have been attempting to record sounds using Snd under FreeBSD-4.4
Stable.

I have a SB PCI128 Soundcard (ES1371)

I can run a source into the line input and play it back thorugh the
soundcard controlling the level with xmixer,  kmix,  and the like but I
can't seem to get the signal to show up at the recording app.  I also
tried gramofile with the same results.  I have pcm in my kernel and have
built the requisite devices.  All sound playback works fine.  Any ideas as to
where I might be missing something.  I've searched the net and posted to
comp.unix..bsd.freebsd.misc with no luck at all.

Thanks,