Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:04:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Volker Stolz <vs@lucy.wrath.oche.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fun with i4b & teles (retry)

I just grabbed i4b-00.63-alpha and (succesfully) built a kernel vor
FreeBSD-2.2.7 and a Teles S0/16.
After rebooting with the new kernel, I got a message stating "HSCX version
15 unknown" at isic0-initialisation time. As both the ISAC and HSCX-chips
are labeled with the (for a Teles S0/16) valid names (i.e. ISAC V2.3/HSCX 82525 N V2.1)
I tweaked the source to skip this check for HSCX_UNKWN (l1/i4b_isic.c). After this,
the machine boots and detects the right card with the right chipset. But of
course I am suffering from the "State F4"-trouble :(

After wildly configuring the BIOS I still don't get past this error after
accessing ipr0. What makes me wonder though (warning, this is a little
source-specific): At a later point in i4b_isic.c, sc->sc_hscx_version (which
I don't touch, I just skip the return(0); exit;) is checked again to printf()
"HSCX Version UNKNOWN" again in a slightly different "syntax" and set the
value to HSCX_UNKN for all values >=HSCX_UNKN.
My tweaked version doesn't select this if-branch, but uses the else-branch
to print (correct) HSCX-version-information!

-> the first check detects sc->sc_hscx_version = 15 (HSCX_UNKN)
-> I don't do anything but just let the driver go on
-> the second check detects a valid version for sc->sc_hscx_version (82525 or
21525 Version 2.1)

Any hints on this one?

Volker