Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:47:44 +0800
From:      Aaron Lewis <aaron.lewis1989@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird Problems with User Home Directory , Asking for help

Looks like i found the problem , i thought i've made a mistake.

I shouldn't use `pw user add aaron' right ?
That won't create user home directory , when i found i've got no home
directory.
So at that time , i created it and change the owner to my user.

$ sudo tail -f /var/log/auth.log
login: _secure_path: cannot stat /home/frozen/.login_conf: Permission
denied   // Strange , pay attention to user permissions below

                                                // I don't know why
`stat' function fails ..

$ ls -ld /home/frozen
drwxr-xr-x  3 frozen  frozen  512 Mar  5 22:36 /home/frozen/
$ ls -lah /home/frozen/.login_conf
-rw-r--r--  1 frozen  frozen  171 Dec  3 14:34 /home/frozen/.login_conf

BTW: ssh login with user frozen is fine.

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x4A6D32A0