Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:15:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 card tuner detection

On 31 Aug, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> Jason Garman
>
>> I have a miro pctv card that i've been using for a while under
>> 2.2.6-stable.  I recently upgraded to 3.0-current (as of a few days ago) and suddenly my tuner is no longer recognized automatically.
> The fix of the SYSCTL should have got it working.

it did, and I'm still amazed at the dramatic increase in picture
quality between this version and the one i was using with stable!

> Can you reboot please with the boot option -v (for verbose)
> It should record the GPIO data bits. These data bits are used
> by the Miro card to specify the model of tuner you have.

bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 12 on pci0.13.0
brooktree0: PCI bus latency is 64.
bktr0: buffer size 3555328, addr 0x3000000
bktr: GPIO is 0x00ff1fff
card signature
 00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  03  00  00  00

Miro TV, <none> tuner.

> Something else you could try.
> do sysctl -w hw.bt848.tuner=nnn  where nnn is a value from 1 to 10.
> Type in the sysctl and then try fxtv for each value.

This is what i have in my rc.local... it's tuner #1, Temic NTSC.

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                      http://garman.dyn.ml.org/
Student, University of Maryland                        garman@earthling.net