Date:      Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:51:19 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB Graphic Tablets

Chuck Robey wrote:

> I just laid hands on a UC-Logic WP8060-TAB08 Graphic tablet, so as to make
> my work in gimp easier  I got this one instead of a Wacom unit for the
> single obvious reason: $$.  It seems to have all the features of the big
> boys, it's 8" by 6", 1024 intensity levels, chrome bumpers, dual carbs, etc.
>
> Anyhow, the probing returns, on my FreeBSD-current system:
>
> ums0: <UC-LOGIC Tablet WP8060U, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2> on uhub0
> ums0: X report 0x0002 not supported
> device_attach: ums0 attach returned 6
>
> and in /dev, there isn;'t any ums0 device to be found, and that error #6 is
>  (appropriately enough) Device Not Configured.
>
> Well, my first question is, does there exist a tool for USB that let's you
> view the raw return from the usb probing?  I want to see what this device
> is actually identifying itself as.  Actual numeric vendor IDs and product
> IDs are the sort of thing I'm after.  Something a whole lot more detailed
> that usbdevs, please.  Even the dmesg listing (as I show above) hasn't got
> the numbers and tails I need.

Hi Chuck,
On list    sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org (A mostly Linux using
crownd though not just, some BSD) They mostly seem to rec. some
(free I assume) MS$ comparible .exe prog for snatching USB traffic
to then analyse / develop for *IX drivers. I don't remember prog name,
but http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Julian
--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix Linux Net Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com