Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 18:12:21 -0700
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@pain.csrv.uidaho.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [2.0R] news server memleak?

Mark Hittinger wrote...

   There is at least one known file descriptor leak in innd 1.4sec2.  Here
   is a patch for it:

   [ file desc patch ]

i have this patch installed, thanks.

another thing i noticed was that innd was smaller in size, and didn't
(appear to) bloat as much when it was compiled using MMAP instead of READ.
unfortunately, the machine would freeze every fortnight or so.
no panics, no reboots, but the console wouldn't work (the screen saver
did, and i could also switch between consoles), and i couldn't do anything
other than ping it, net-wise.  does anyone know if there an mmap problem with
inn and freebsd, or could something else be the problem?

one thing i forgot to mention in my earlier mail was that when i restarted
news, i was still 3mb into swap.  could pstat/swapinfo be lying to me?

thanks,

faried.