Date:      30 Jun 2002 01:00:45 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Benjamin Harry Sigelman <bhsigelm@cs.brown.edu>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gconf2 port, include problem with libxml/globals.h

--=-0whxtiROuPBZP0guVFn6

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 22:16, Benjamin Harry Sigelman wrote:
> greetings o under-heralded port maintainer,
> I write to report that the build for gconf2 failed on my freebsd4.6
> machine.  My ports tree was updated last week, sorry if this has been
> fixed in the interim.
>=20
> basically, when trying to build gconftool.c, xml-entry.c (and a few
> others), you #include <libxml/globals.h>, and that can't be found.  I
> assume this was supposed to be in /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/
> with other included files (that *are* there).  The good news is that, at
> least on my machine, I don't even need to include that.  So I just don't
> include it anymore, and it's all good.
>=20
> maybe you should make the patch get rid of those lines, or just touch
> /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/globals.h if you want to do something
> really gross. (that's what I did after correcting the error in a few
> places)
>=20
> sorry if this is incoherent, I'm having a party at my house and am a
> little tipsy.

Looks like you have some old libxml2 directories lingering about.  You
should only have a /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml( All header files
should be found under this directory).  If you have any others lying
around, update to the latest libxml2, and delete the left-over files.

Joe

>=20
> - Ben
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-0whxtiROuPBZP0guVFn6

--=-0whxtiROuPBZP0guVFn6--