Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 97 09:24:43 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Anthony Hill  <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dial In PPP & Dial Back.

That is cool, but it is the revurse of what I need.  I'm going to be at the
FreeBSD box dialing into a Shiva LandRover.  I dial in, exchange passwords,
then it hangs up on me, dials me back and we exchange passwords again, then I
have access to the network (On the Companys bill).

-Sean
--- On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:11:11 +1100 (EST)  Anthony Hill
<ahill@interconnect.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
>
> > How can you configure FreeBSD to accept a dial back?  I'm going to be
dialing
> > in long distance from home to the office on an ISDN line and the Shiva
> > LANRover will be doing dial back for security and telco charges.  How do I
set
> > FreeBSD up so that I can do the dial in, hang up and accept a call back to
log
> > into the network?
>
> I just wrote a little script that waits a few mins, runs ppp, sets up a keep

> alive ping, and exits.  Something like..
>
> #!/usr/bin/sh
> #connectup.sh
> #
> sleep 100
> ppp work &
> sleep 100
> ping -i 119 some.address.at.work &
>
> So I just dial into the freeBSD box, get a terminal session happening,
> execute 'nohup connect.sh &' and hang up. 100 seconds later my machine
> dials back into work, establishes a ppp session, and all is cool.
>
> cheers

Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/28/97 09:24:44