Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:36:17 UTC
From:      borunov@ns.radom.mplik.ru (Alexander Yu. Borunov)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help !

Hello Misters!
I have a problem with installing FreeBSD 2.0
I have pass installation from floppy ( boot disk ) - it is first step
Ok.  I've create only one slice  - for FreeBsd, and wrote MBR.
After this, installation process make filesystems and wrote data to disk.
I reboot, and I have message : "Read error" !!!

About my configuration:
Pentium-66, 8 Mb RAM (only now), EISA
-SCSI: AIC-7770 (Translation 1024 turned off)
-Quantum 540 Mb (2740 cyl, 4 heads,  96 sec, but I set:
                 540  cyl, 64 heads, 32 sec)
-3C579 TP

However, if I boot from floppy and press
Boot: sd(0,a)/kernel
It's All Right !
Please, help me!
Sorry my bad English.
---
Alexander Yu. Borunov  "Radom-Vostok", Ekaterinburg, Russia
ph. (3432)-22-52-08
           22-54-49
fax (3432)-22-67-20