Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:31:23 +0100
From:      Sven Hohage <hohage@muenster.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java installation: pdmu not found

I'm a newbie using FreeBSD  - almost using 5.2 for some days as a server
in my homelan(Pentium 3 700).
So I'm not sure if my question is more likely to be thrown in the
Newbies list.

I tried to install the linux-sun-jdk14.
Before that I updated the port because I couldn't find 1.4.2_02 on the
sun website which was neeced by the distfinfo checksum.
I made a portupgrade -a and the started as root with make install but
the compilation process stopped very quickly with:
cd /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14/work/j2sdk1.4.2_03 && /usr/bin/find .
-print  |  -pdmu -R root:wheel /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2
-pdmu: not found
*** Error code 127

Any hint is very welcomed.

Thanks Sven