Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 15:46:58 +0800 (CST)
From:      grog@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reply-to addresses

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
>> Yes, but you just did what Joerg complained about: cc'd me even
>> though you know I'm on the list.
>
> See how easy it is to do?  We need auto-pruning. :-)

Sure, here I'm doing a group reply, and I automatically copy you and
Peter twice.  How else should I do it?  If I just send it to -chat,
it's not immediately apparent to whom I'm replying, especially if I
don't have a "<name> writes" line at the beginning.

This is really a mail delivery problem: since each message has an ID,
it should be possible to avoid delivering a message ID more than once
per site.  Yes, I know that sendmail doesn't do things like that, but
that doesn't mean it shouldn't.  The alternative, which is probably
easier to handle, is to have the mail reader recognize duplicates and
optionally eliminate them.

Comments?

Greg