Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:03:36 -0400
From:      Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
To:        Rick Whitesel <rwhitesel@nbase-xyplex.com>
Cc:        erik@habatech.no, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with ahc (2940U2W) and USB

Add me to the list of people seeing this problem.  I have an ASUS P2B-S with
onboard Adaptec 7890.  I have been seeing the problem on and off since December
of last year.  One time it boots and the next time it doesn't.  Once the disk is
hung, the reset switch or power cycling are the only ways to unfreeze it.

I have seen this problem mentioned on both freebsd-current and freebsd-scsi
several times without a solution.  I don't recall a link to USB being mentioned
before.

I'll try to post my dmesg output later this tonight.

Jim Bloom
bloom@acm.org