Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:46:00 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Big Lebowski <spankthespam@gmail.com>, "freebsd-ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Solving PORTNAME/PORTREVISION/DISTNAME/DISTVERSION mess

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014, at 8:10, Big Lebowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on updating databases/postgresql-libpqxx to use sources with
> version 4.0.1. The current PORTVERSION is 4.0, and the 4.0.1 sources are
> not bumping the lib version, are not changing the lib api version, but
> instead, have compile bug fixes. That suggest using PORTREVISION at 1, to
> make the PORTVERSION 4.0_1, but then I cant download proper sources with
> 4.0.1 suffix. I've tried different combinations of
> DISTNAME/DISTVERSION/PORTVERSION/PORTREVISION but cant get it working and
> at the same time being processed with portlint not yelling at me for
> using
> above in cominations, so what would be proper solution to that problem?
>
> The closes to working solution I got was while using these:
>
> PORTNAME=       libpqxx
> PORTVERSION=    4.0
> PORTREVISION=   1
> CATEGORIES=     databases
> MASTER_SITES=   http://pqxx.org/download/software/libpqxx/
> PKGNAMEPREFIX=  postgresql-
> DISTNAME=       ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}.${PORTREVISION}
> DIST_SUBDIR=    postgresql
>
> but then the portlint screams with:
>
> WARN: Makefile: only one MASTER_SITE configured.  Consider adding
> additional mirrors.
> FATAL: Makefile: DISTNAME contains a reference to PORTREVISION.  You
> should
> only be using PORTVERSION
> WARN: Makefile: Consider defining LICENSE.
> 1 fatal error and 2 warnings found.

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish, but please see my
patch:

https://feld.me/freebsd/libpqxx.diff

I had to replace their "split-config" script with the one from 4.0
because they apparently rewrote it in python and it does not work in our
build environment. I didn't feel like debugging this further; this was
the easy fix.