Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:25:12 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 09:59:13PM -0800, Annelise Anderson wrote:
> [cc list trimmed]
>
> 	A newbies mailing list might be a good idea--the question that
> arises is who's going to staff it?  It seems Sue has sort of been
> drafted....I think it will be a fairly demanding project.

Perhaps, perhaps not. It depends on how much use and how much support it
gets, and a lot of things we won't know until we try. I don't see that as
sufficient reason for not trying. Not yet anyway :-)

> 	Here are a few points I would make:

You made a lot of thoughtful comments about how some newbies access support,
but I'm not quite sure how to relate it to the idea of the proposed mailing
list. Maybe I've missed the main thrust, a common fault.

Are you saying that you think the mailing list is a good or bad idea?
Are you saying that there's plenty of other sources of information that are
easier to provide so there's no need for a mailing list?
Are you suggesting that energies would be better reserved for these existing
methods?
Are you seeing this in a broader context and looking at improving all of the
ways in which we reach newbies as well?
Are you offering to help, or suggesting that others could, and if so, how?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more