Date:      22 Jun 99 14:21:27 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        dwilde1@thuntek.net
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: [Announcing new distributed.net Team FreeBSD site]]

Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net> wrote:
> Jesus Monroy wrote:
> > =

> >     BUDS (http://www.mozie.com/projects/buds/) has been idle
> >     for about three weeks. The cluster is available.
> >     I've checked out the page. I can paste things together
> >     within about a week. Is there a way to make some
> >     noize on this, rather than just addin my machines to
> >     the rolls.  Don, any ideas???
> > =

> Izzat me Don you're asking? That's a pretty motley collection of
> hardware you've got there. We could write a press release, but then
> somebody's bound to point out that a single P-II can outperform your
> whole cluster -- even if it were running Neolithic Technology as an OS.=

> The only take I could get would be something about resurrecting stuff
> from the junkyard for useful work.

    I should be clear on this because we are having misuderstanding
    already.
   =

    First, I am working on this cluster so that misconceptions,
    such as those you are presenting can go to the wayside.
    In short, your supposition is not correct. It is correct under
    certain sineros (sp?) that what you say WILL happen, but this is
    NOT the underlying case. =

    There is a deep misuderstanding of parallel computing, your
    comments are evidence to that fact. =

    Next, I have plenty of PII systems to dedicate to this system.
    Parallel computing is concerned with making results happen on
    a parallel basis.  Plainly you're missing the point of parallel
    computing and the point of this project (BUDS).

    In short, you're asking for spinning wheel and fireworks.
    My opinion is you are taking a rather short sighted view of
    this and perhaps this might be a place to sharpen your =

    marketing skills. I never had a problem pitching. I can
    see many thing here to pitch, but I'm overloaded with
    work and customer yelling.  I'm asking for help and
    a minor miracle. A miracel no smaller than that which
    help push this this OS (*BSD) into the public domain
    from the hands of AT&T.

    More to the point I'm trying to make an honest effort,
    had I been a LINUXhead would treat me so barshly.
    If so, you might want to consider an underlying arrogance
    that will hold back *BSD.

    If the whole thing doesn't suit your framework, then call me
    a nutcase. That might get the press interested.

---
"I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, =

pop-up-happy dungeon like NT."
http://www.performancecomputing.com/features/9809of1.shtml